Last Saturday before take-off, a few guys were discussing the tides. They were trying to figure out what time the tide would be changing in Oromocto, New Brunswick. I told them it was as easy as a push of a button. I took out my iPhone & pressed the Navionics Icon.
Step1 – When the Navionics app launches press ok
Step2- Press the Arrow button to your current location
Step3- Press Menu – the menu tab will bring up 6 more tabs
Step4- Press Wind & Tides
Step 5- From this tab you can see:
Sunrise and Sunset Times
When you press the Tide button it will give you the current depth of the tide. It also show you a NOW line that represents actually where the tide is. You will also see cross hairs that you can scroll back and forth to tell you actually what the tide will be in the future. If you need to be on your secret spot at a certain tide, the Navionics app takes all the guess work out of your game plan.
Here are some of the Amazing features:
• Award winning vector charts included in app, remain resident on device and function without mobile coverage.*
• Community Layer - the best local data available! Your edits to the map will be visible to the Navionics Community almost instantly!
• Wind & tides* gives you a snapshot of your favorite locations including tides, currents, wind, sun/moon cycle.
• Magazines & Cruising Guides offer geo-referenced articles (and more) directly in the app*!
• The largest database of marine POI's
• Route planning, route tracking*, waypoints & markers
• Syncing of data (automatically syncs your markers, tracks and routes among all your devices).
• Check tides & currents and wind forecasts
• Satellite overlay on charts*
• Plotter data sync (syncing of data with select chart plotters via Wi-Fi) **
• Share your tracks*, routes, geo-tagged pictures on Facebook, Twitter or via email* and view them on your computer!
If you don’t have a mapping GPS you can always Download Navionics to your SmartPhone.
I thought I share info on this GREAT APP!